How can I suggest a resource for purchase?
If you are looking for a resource we do not hold in the library, you can suggest we purchase it.
We actively encourage our students and staff to suggest purchases to us. Staff requesting items for academic resource lists should not use this service, but should instead email email@example.com.
We have a rough limit of 6 suggestions per student, per academic year, to ensure a fair distributions of funds across all schools and disciplines.
Regrettably, we cannot accommodate purchase requests for external borrowers.
To place a suggestion:
- Visit our Purchase Suggestions form.
- Visit the library catalogue homepage
- Click on the three dots along the top blue bar (highlighted in green):
- Click on 'Suggest a Purchase' link (highlighted in green):
- Click 'Students & Staff' and enter your GSA network credentials
- Fill out as much information as possible about the resource (e.g. Title, Author, ISBN). This will make it easier and quicker for us to source the resource you require
- Use the 'Requester Note' field to give further information about your suggestion (e.g. if you require it urgently, or if you would prefer it in ebook or print format). Please note, print books can take up to 4 weeks to arrive from the point of order
- Click 'Send Request'. Please note, it may take up to 30 second to send